Spring Fling 5K

Today was the Spring Fling 5K. Phew! It's not easy putting together a 5K race. I tried to keep it as low-key as I could. I didn't want to spend a lot of time meticulously organizing or fretting over the little things. Luckily, I had some great help. Adam took the reigns of marking the miles on the course as well as the turn around. I manned the table and took care of registration. I had three [!] finish line helpers, one Prince's Point marshall, and a turn-around navigator. After it all, I'd have to say it was a success. I'm exhausted!!!

Over 20 people competed this year, and first place male and female finishers won a $20 cash prize! Every finisher also got a raffle prize, which were sweet, and included Taco Bell coupons, sweatshirts, Portage Health Camelbak bottles, Downwind Sports bike bottles, Crocs, a Keweenaw Co-op gift certificate, and more. It was sweet! And, there were so many bananas, everyone got to take some home. Special THANK YOU to our sponsors, especially Arnie Kinnunen, who supported the sweet Portage swag and 'naners. Check out more on the CCRC BLOG!

No comments: