GREat!

Well, the GRE is over, and am I ever glad. I studied a lot for it this time around, and what do I have to show for it? An improved verbal and quantitative score. My verbal score rose over 100 points to reach 55o/800, and my quantitative went up 20 points from the first time, to hit 710/800. I don't know how well I did on the analytical writing part, but I'm sure I will find out in a few weeks. Standardized tests are somewhat annoying, but I understand why fellowship organizations and universities use them. Ah, well...

The trip to Green Bay was nice, and Jill and I enjoyed a brief stint of outlet mall shopping after my test in OshKosh. It was a long drive, and I hope it was worth it! It was really nice of her to take me down there, and it was definitely awesome to be able to have a good night's sleep the night before at her parents' house.

It is a relief to have the test out of the way, and in a sense I feel like I will be able to focus more time on my research and writing. I'm working on a manuscript right now, and should know if I have been accepted to Orthopaedic Research Society's annual conference in a few weeks.

No comments: