Homemade Granola

Adam's mom, Paula, started a gluten-free blog with a bunch of delicious recipes posted on it. I LOVE cheese pancakes, and sage & squash 'sag. I've been, on special occasions, buying Bakery on Main's Maple Nut Cranberry granola, but I have a hard time justifying the $6.50/12ounce *crunch* to my wallet. So, I got pretty excited to try and make my own gluten-free granola. I gathered up some EnviroKids Amazon Frosted Flakes, dried cranberries, California walnuts, local honey, light olive oil, some cherry juice, and flax seeds... but something was missing. BoM granola has these yummy, crunchy rice ball things in it, and I needed that. I looked everywhere in Houghton... and low-and-behold, the Keweenaw Co-op had it (it was called Perky's Nutty Flax!). After two hours of baking and stirring, it turned out fabulous. It is especially good with The Greek Gods Yogurt. MMmmmm...

1 comment:

Paula said...

Sounds delicious. You can make things yourself with a little creativity and leg work! You pay for the convenience of already prepared stuff. Great job. I put a link to your blog on mine.